SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE, IT WILL TRANSLATE MY BLOG FOR YOU!

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Avocado Festival and Surfing


Sunday Church and Worshipping at the Avocado Festival...

The beer battered fried avocadoes with sweet pico de gallo sauce!

Avocado Ice Cream!
Me and my avocado ice cream; Taylor with Elias feeling Zen

Ventura, CA... yeah, what a life! This morning, my friends Kavi and Taylor and baby Elias, Michelle and Adam, Natalie and Cedric, and Rob from South Africa went to the California Avocado Festival together. We got there for a church service right in the middle of the festival. Then, I just had to get the 'Beer battered avocado with sweet spicy corn sauce' and 'Avocado ice cream.' I actually really liked the fried avocado, it was very yummy. However, my avocado ice cream was something else! I am glad that I tried it, but I don't think I would get it again. So, let me tell you what it tasted like: Guacamole in ice cream! I can actually taste the avocado, with some spicyness and some taste of onions and such... it was weird and 'filling...' Yeah, ice creams aren't supposed to make you feel full! But, this one did for me. Weird.


Surfing; Taylor and Rob
We then played a game of beach volleyball and then, we went surfing, Taylor, Rob, and I with Kavi's dad, Doug. It was fun times. I got beat up and my arms fell tired before I could have fun, so I basically went to lay down on the beach... then I passed out. I don't know how long I was taking this nap, but I did remember to flip over. By the end of the day, I was 'roasted.' We had so much fun. Taylor and Rob then cooked us this amazing BBQ dinner with salmon, veggies, and chicken. Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

No comments:

Our Struggle & Our Savior