SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE, IT WILL TRANSLATE MY BLOG FOR YOU!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Amazement!

I was so ecstatic today! I paid a visit to one of my patients today. Remember the girl I told you about in a previous blog, who survived a plane crash and suffered burns all over her body. Several burn surgeons and I spent countless hours debriding and skin grafting her 2 months ago. She continued to have more grafts… Today, I had an opportunity to visit her in her room in the Burn ICU. As I entered the room, I had to take double looks! She was beautiful! She was setting up, chatting with some nurses… her deep green/blue eyes were open, looking around. Her face was flawless, little to no scars (her whole entire face was burnt). I remember doing surgery on her 2 months back, with her completely frail, hanging on by a thread, and her eyelids sewn shut. I prayed for her each day that she would survive and be there for her children and husband. God answers prayers! As I stood there, I was too much in shock and amazement to approach her. I was too shy to introduce myself to her to say how much I was a part of her recovery and how much I had prayed for her even shed tears for her. I thank the Lord and simply slip out of the room, in complete amazement!

No comments:

Our Struggle & Our Savior