SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE, IT WILL TRANSLATE MY BLOG FOR YOU!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

(*) Reflections 2009

Year 2005
Planting of a young tree
Full of robust potential and vitality
Ground was fertile
Gardener was eager and skilled
Tree: ready to stretch, inhale, and expand roots.

Spring
Many are the events of 2005
Formation of a new ring in my wood core
Remember standing with me in the shower of blessings?
Recall the radiant happiness of my heart?

Summer
Along with that happiness was a gift to study medicine
None would contest its challenges
40 hours in class
40 hours on weekends
What have become of my Friday nights?

Fall
First 2 years flew by
Lots of nice memories and good times
And a few challenges later
By divine appointment, I was given a gift I didn’t want
Pain
Emotional, physical, spiritual
Shaken, I quaked
Sadness, frustration, anger, depression
The ice and sleet
Shaved my pride.

Winter
Lingering fog clouds my heart still
Wildfire of anger and frustration have subsided
Tinder has been consumed
Conflicted and incapacitated
I cannot see beyond self.

Spring
As the bone chilling cold of winter pass
New breeze of ocean air washed over me
New shoots of this tree reaches out from the vine
Pods open to fragrant flowers
As my mind finds refuge from the storm and clears of fog
I found Hope and a promise for Joy.

Year 2009
What happened to the last 4 years of my life?
Where was I?
How did I get here?
I don’t know.

What I do know is:
My roots are firm
My shoots are healthy
I am still taking a breath.

As I look UP
Suddenly, I realize
There was a bigger tree
Of which I was taking its shade
I was in the refuge of those who came before me.

As for the Gardener
I’ve realized…
I know His voice!
Sang to me through the winter
Strong arms protected me from the wind
Made cover over me from frost
Placed nourishment for my roots
Pouring living Water over my core
Radiant face over my new shoots
Sweat of blood to color my flowers
Roughened hands to trim my branches
Whispering to me:
You will be shade for others some day
Trust in Me.

Yesterday is passed
Today is yours to enjoy
Tomorrow will be here before you know it.

Make most of your circumstances
Yesterday will never return
You have no other choice but to choose wisely
You are never alone!

2 comments:

Dad said...

Dear George,
To Him belongs all the glory.
There is a song that encouraged me.
"Don't go back to your previous ways.
Don't find fault with others all day.
The old has gone. The new has come.
Keep the new life I have made for you.
Take the blessings I have given you.
Follow the pathways I have shown you.
Remain in My presence always.
Go! spread your wings."
I love you and stay with you always.

love,
Dad

George said...

Dearest Dad,

To Him belongs all the glory.

I loved the song you wrote here. I remembered all the lows we been through and what you said here brings healing. It has been a year, and as I read it again, it reminded me of God's faithfulness. He is still more faithful than I. I am glad that God loves you so much. I am truly blessed to have a father like you. You have shown me, by the way you live, who our Father in Heaven is like.

I love you and stay with you always.

Love,
George

Our Struggle & Our Savior