SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE, IT WILL TRANSLATE MY BLOG FOR YOU!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Off the hook! Mission Inn, Riverside!



Do you know the Mission Inn Resort in Riverside, CA? It is like a super fancy hotel, 5 stars, where a few of our presidents got married in it, many of them have stayed in it, many foreign leaders have stayed there, and also lots of celebrities also stayed there... It is built with lots of mixtures of different architecture styles with lots of secluded spaces.

So, I've lived in the Riverside/Loma Linda for nearly 10 years and always wanted to stay at this hotel. I used to sneak into the hotel and hangout in one of the beautiful and secluded court yards... But, guess what? No sneaky sneaky anymore! I actually got to stay there like a high-roller this time!

So, I went to the ATLS (Advance Trauma Life Support) certification course, given at Loma Linda University by several trauma surgeons from the American College of Surgeons... I went there with my friends Kevin and Julie, who are also co-residents in the Ventura program. They are from the South... and I thought to treat them to the best of the Inland Empire that I know...
So, here is the where the rampage start:

You see that corner white tripple-arch door at the end of the terrace? Well, that was our room! And as we enter, we were all jaw dropped at how large and how our room was! Yeah, no joke, it was off the hook!

Then, as we walk out of the door, we can look down into the Terrace Cafe, where we ate a very nice 4 course meal on our second night there.


The rotunda!

There's Kevin and Julie looking cute on the stairs; Kevin and I stuck together in a box.

Me, chilling in a secluded court yard; the pool overlook.

Customized chair for the 335 lb president Taft; which both Kevin and Julie fit in easily... Kevin was doing a Taft impression.

A sweet Cadillac.

First course of our four course meal at the Terrace Cafe: Crab cakes.
Second course of my meal was a gourmet halibut.
Third for me was a spiked coffee; and then, of course, chocolate!

And yes, we all passed the ATLS certification. Yay.

No comments:

Our Struggle & Our Savior