SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE, IT WILL TRANSLATE MY BLOG FOR YOU!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

There are many things to be thankful for this year, even though, it was a year filled with trials. I am glad to say that healing has come for my broken-ness. Perhaps one day I will share with you what I've learned. First, I need to thank God for His provisions. Second, I must thank my family... and the new addition, Geoff and Jessies' new marriage. Third, I am very thankful for the opportunity to be working at Ventura's wonderful residency program.

It is really rare to get a vacation, but I got one for the entire week of Thanksgiving and got to go home and hangout with family. However, a week before I started my vacation, I got the PIG flu! I was coughing like a pig for nearly three weeks... PIGS ARE NASTY! That's all I have to say to that. My friend Ben said he got the Bird flu... but, I don't believe him... he wasn't coughing or flying at all! Spider-Boy got super powers when he was bitten by a spider... I thought pigs are smart... but I didn't get any special powers but coughing my brains out for 2 weeks.

You know, it gave me the appreciation for my patients' sufferings! I always tell them that there aren't anything out there that help with cough very well... well, I drank my own medicine! Now I can tell you that... yeah, I am still right! Stinking Pig!

So, transition from the Pig flu to HAM... yum... I can't wait to show you what my family made up for Thanksgiving dinner this year! I can't even explain... my stomach was in the back of my throat at the end of the night... and let me tell you, we started eating at 2pm! No wonder French people call us Americans fat pigs... well, I say "Ham UP."

What's wrong with me tonight... what's up with me and pig... Nevermind. Here is the spread!



So delicious... do you see how incredibly pretty and presentable of this turkey? Well, it took my uncle Steve less than 5 minutes to carve it and presented all on the platter... Man, you are a true CHEF!

Goble, goble, oink, oink.

1 comment:

alan said...

George--i LOVE the ode to the Asian Tourist! And i love that you love to eat. i am almost done with the quarter and then we will either go surf or go eat!!!!!

Our Struggle & Our Savior