SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE, IT WILL TRANSLATE MY BLOG FOR YOU!

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sex Slaves



Doesn't all this human trafficking and sex slavery and child labor disgust you? It does to me! I want to throw up every time I hear of it! Why do people think it is ok to do that to another human being? Is it monetary gains or sense of power? Or, is it a lack of reverence for God and a lack of respect for life? I think it is both!

So, recently, since I got back from Cambodia, and after my friend Lauren join the Polaris Project in the US, I’ve learned of another organization that is doing similar things. That is the HAGAR International project. This is a home grown project in Cambodia that helps women and children to get out of human trafficking and slavery by offering rehabilitation, shelter, and means of earning cash for living. I really like the idea of helping the helpless and the oppressed.

Cambodia, like many poor Southeast Asian countries and many African countries, the position women have in society is not equal to men. Many men are responsible for the propagation of prostitution and directly responsible for the spread of HIV/AIDS. HIV/AIDS has touted as the number ONE killer of people in Cambodia. Men have sex with prostitutes and come home and give it to their wife, or pass it all around, despite education. This has got to stop! How? I have no definitive idea, but through organizational efforts like the Polaris Project and Hagar International, hopefully one day, this world may be a safer place. I think these women and children are at the heart of God. Check it out!

Here is a video to how you can help: http://life.gaiam.com/gaiam/p/Fair-Trade-Paves-a-Way-Out-of-Human-Trafficking-in-Cambodia.html;jsessionid=12D00A58F141AB6C9044343458DDE5C3

No comments:

Our Struggle & Our Savior