SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE, IT WILL TRANSLATE MY BLOG FOR YOU!

Saturday, May 3, 2008

What I did on my birthday...




So, as part of my rotation here in In His Image, I am encouraged to volunteer at this mobile clinic. You can read about it by clicking on the above link. There are 2 large vehicles, one is large mobile home conversion (aka 'Good Sam') and the other one is a large semi-truck conversion (aka 'Big Sam'). They each have 3 fully equipped exam rooms, a pharmacy, and a lab. The conception of this ministry/NGO started when God inspired Dr. Crouch (the founder of the IHI residency program) to minister to low income communities around Tulsa. They strategically placed these vans where the people would need their services the most. Everyone who comes are ministered to by medicine and by prayer. This ministry is also linked to a local church, which ministers to the patients who come. The vision is a ministry for total healing of a person. What is unique about this mobile ministry is that they actually stay at the places they serve 6 days a week. So, in a sense, they are sort of a 'fixed' mobile clinic. The ideas of not moving around too much is actually one to encourage community building. So, today, I got there a little late because I had to take a long, off-into-the-countryside trail. I only saw one patient, but, I was so jazzed! I also had to use a lot of Spanish with this one patient, and I was also very jazzed about that too. The patients are so nice and the people who work there really have a heart for taking care of people. We have some amazing brother and sisters in Christ!

No comments:

Our Struggle & Our Savior